Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 12: part 3 - Back in Tokyo

There is going to be a dance performance tonight in Shibuya, but I am not sure that I will be able to make it in time. First I have to leave Yokohama, where the class is. Because of the time I arrived and left Shizuoka, I decided to leave all my bags in a coin locker in Yokohama. That means that I have to pick up all these bags, and then take them to my hotel, check in, drop off the bags, clean myself up, and then make it to Shibuya by the time the show begins at 7. This probably won't happen, but I will try.

I am staying at the same hotel that I was staying at last week while I was in Tokyo. Because of my experience with a private room in Osaka, I was hoping that I would be able to uprgrade to a private room here. In the hotel in Osaka, it was not too much more expensive than staying in the dorm style rooms. Maybe it would be the same here. When I asked, the woman at the front informed me that the private rooms are significantly more expensive than the dorm style rooms. I was considering it for a second, but I decided against it. However, if the same sort of loud people are here this time, I might reconsider. It looks peaceful enough now, though.

Checking in and dropping my stuff off went faster than I expected. Maybe I would be able to catch the dance performance tonight. I took a quick shower and figured that it should only take me about 30 minutes to get to Shibuya. That is not the problem. The main problem is not getting there, but is finding the place. After getting ready, I realized that there was no way that I would make it in time. I was still riding high from the dance class, though, so I decided to go to Shibuya anyway. I figured that even though I would not make the show, I could still find out where the venue was so that I would be able to make it tomorrow. It certainly isn't an exciting adventure, but it is something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment