Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 7: part 4 - Getting home

It was a bit stressful getting home. This wasn't because any of the trains were difficult to transfer, but because I was pushing very close to the last train of the night. I knew that I could get into Tokyo just fine from where I was in Yokohama, but there is that one last transfer that I would have to make in Ueno to get to my hotel in Asakusa. This would be a challenge because it was getting dangerously close to midnight as we approached Ueno. Calculating the current time, and the time the train was expected to get to Ueno, I realized that it would be a few minutes after midnight when I would get to Ueno. I prayed that one last train would be able to connect me from Ueno to Asakusa. Since Asakusa and Ueno are both towards the end of the Ginza train line, I figured that they would have had to stop the train service at 11:30 for me to not be able to transfer at 12:06. But still, the spectre of walking home still haunted me. It was not that far, but with all the big buildings, it is hard to get my bearings and figure out which direction it is I should be walking, if it would come to that.

It did not have to come to that, and I was able to get a train from Ueno to Asakusa. This was close. Kamihitoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment