Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 8: part 1 - returning to Osaka

From Tokyo, I decided to head back down to Osaka. To be sure, this is not the most efficienctly planned trip in the history of Japanese travel. The main reason for this back and forth is that I am trying to make the time work for these dance classes I am taking in Yokohama. Because they take place on Sundays and Tuesdays, that means around those days I have to be in or around Yokohama (I stay in Tokyo on these days), and I have the rest of the week to see the other parts of Japan. So that's why I am doing a bit of backtracking during my trip.

I decided that I would stay in a hotel in Osaka, and then after settling in, I would take the train to Nara. Technically, it was before the 3pm check-in time, so I wasn't sure if the hotel would allow me to keep my bags here until later, or what the deal might be. Should I just avoid the gamble and leave my bags at the nearest big train station, or should I gamble that this little hostel type place would actually take my bags and/ or check me in early? If place were anything like the previous place, that probably wouldn't work. Eh, what the hell; so I tried to manage where the hotel might be, and would take the gamble that they would take my stuff early.

They welcomed me very nicely, let me check in, and I was able to leave my bags in my room without having to had gotten a coin locker first. This place, though only a bit more expensive than the previous place, was so much better than the last place. I splurged for my own private room, and I think the $2 more a day was worth it! I was so happy to have a private room that I almost considered not even leaving the room, and staying in to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment